Friday, November 5, 2010

Recipe 11: Spaghetti Sandwich

I debated about posting this one. It's too simple and some people might thinks it's a little weird. My daughter loves this "recipe" though, so I thought I'd share it anyway.

Whenever we have spaghetti, the next day I like to make myself a spaghetti sandwich. My wife thought I was nuts the first time I made one in front of her. My daughter, on the other hand, thought I was a genius and asked to have a bite. Now, every time we eat spaghetti, she asks me make her one. Like father, like daughter, I guess...

The ingredients are simple:

Left over spaghetti (I used the spaghetti from the last recipe, but added in some leftover taco meat)
2 slices bread. I prefer french bread. My daughter likes plain old white bread.
Butter
Garlic powder
Italian seasoning
Paprika
Grated parmesan cheese


Step 1: Spread butter on toasted bread slices. Then sprinkle on a little garlic, a pinch of Italian seasoning, a touch of paprika, and a bunch of parmesan.


Step 2: Heat spaghetti in microwave oven. Then heap spaghetti on top of one bread slice and cover with other. Cut diagonally if desired.



Hey, don't knock it 'till you try it. Kids will love them. Best served on bath night, though.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment