Monday, August 30, 2010

The Hungry, Busy, Pulled-In-All-Directions Dad

Hi, my name is Steve. I am a husband, daddy, son, student, employee, handyman, Mr. Mom, you name it. I am starting this blog as an assignment for class. I am going to post recipes I've either created or modified. They are simple meals, appetizers, or side dishes that can be created in 30 minutes or so, with just a few ingredients. Perfect for the dad who has to work, change diapers, wipe noses, study for class, mow the lawn, rub his pregnant wife's feet, and cook dinner.

The measurements aren't going to be exact. My teaspoon is, in fact, just a teaspoon, the same one I use to stir my tea. I don't use any fancy kitchen equipment. My knife set is one that I had gotten when I joined a bank back in the early 90's. So, just warning you, nothing fancy here.

To give you a little background on myself, I am not a chef or cook, I am a Graphic Designer. I'm trying to help my pregnant wife around the house as much as I can. Since kitchen odors seem to make her gag right now, cooking duty usually falls on me. Take out gets old and is rather expensive, so it's either cook or die.

Cooking is not my specialty, and I'm not very good at it. My dad, on the other hand, is a talented chef, and just recently graduated from Vance Granville Community College with a degree in Culinary Arts at age 67. I guess I get my love for food from him. Just not the talent :)

I'll try to take photos of the prepared food, and even try to take step-by-step pictures. We'll see. I'm a busy boy these days...

Well, I hope you enjoy the recipes and I welcome any feedback!

Thanks,
Steve.

2 comments:

  1. Are you going to post your pasta salad?

    ReplyDelete
  2. One day, Dad. Thanks for joining my blog. Maybe you can help me with a few recipes, since you're a professional and all :)

    ReplyDelete